Bitter herbs are used in western herbal medicine for maintaining healthy digestive function and aiding digestion. As gastric secretion declines with age, a significant percentage of people aged 65 years or older have abnormally low gastric acidity. Low acidity can lead to poor nutrient absorption and abnormal bowel flora. People with reduced gastric secretions are more susceptible to bacterial and parasitic enteric infections.
Research has shown when bitter substances are tasted at the back of the tongue prior to a meal, they have a priming effect on the upper digestive function. This is most noticeable if digestion is below optimum.
Digest-Rite contains the bitter herbs gentian, dandelion and centaury to help stimulate and aid digestion.
Provides symptomatic relief for people who experience the uncomfortable feeling of dyspepsia such as bloating, fullness, heartburn, abdominal pain and nausea. Stimulates gastric juices that aid digestion. Helps maintain a healthy digestive function.
Each 1.6 g teabag contains:
- Gentian dry 320 mg
- Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) whole plant dry 560 mg
- Centaury (Centaurinium erythraea) herb dry 480 mg
Features / Benefits
- Listed with the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) as a herbal medicine.
- Contains appropriate information based on latest findings.
- Contains no artificial colours, preservatives, caffeine, gluten, sugars or lactose.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- Packed in long-life foil bags to retain freshness and potency.
- Least expensive way of taking a herbal medicine.