Lime tree flower in this blend helps suppress coughing with its mucilage content. Mucilage herbs are characterized by a gummy or gelatinous consistency, which is soothing and healing to inflamed surfaces and mucus membranes. The mucilage component inhibits coughs by forming a protective coating that shields the mucosal surface from irritants.
Thyme and aniseed have been added to the mixture for their essential oils content. These oils produce a pleasant taste that stimulates the production of saliva, which in turn activates the swallowing reflex, suppressing coughing.
Essential oils have strong antibacterial properties which help discharge mucus and phlegm from the lungs and throat by means of coughing or spitting. Removal of mucus in the bronchi also removes the stimulant that causes coughing.
Helps soothe bronchial airways by providing relief of bronchial cough, congestion and catarrhal symptoms in the upper respiratory tract. Useful for the relief of all types of coughs, particularly a dry cough. Increase fluid intake to two to three litres per day to prevent the drying of mucus membranes.
Claims are based on traditional use in western herbal medicine.
Each 2.7 g teabag contains:
- Aniseed dry 810 mg
- Lime tree flower dry 1.35 g
- Thyme herb dry 540 mg
Features / Benefits
- Listed with the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) as a herbal medicine.
- Contains appropriate information based on latest findings.
- Contains no artificial colours, preservatives, caffeine, gluten, sugars or lactose.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- Packed in long-life foil bags to retain freshness and potency.
- Least expensive way of taking a herbal medicine.